Tuesday, May 15, 2012

And so....

... - although I can't really believe it - my last day here in Singapore has come. I just returned from Bali (yes, that's the second visit) and tomorrow night I'll board the A380 direction of Zürich.

And it just hit me that I AM going to miss Singapore. As much as I'm looking forward to being home again, there are just so many wonderful aspects to Singapore.


Two of my favorite buildings: The Marina Bay Sands Hotel, elegant and funny, playful and iconic. It can be seen from almost anywhere in the city, and the more I saw it the more I fell in love with it.




And the building I instantly named 'Gotham Tower' or 'Batman's Singapore Penthouse'. I'm sure the building has an official name, but everybody here seemed to know what I was talking about when I mentioned the Gotham building...



Of course - and no surprise there - I will miss the food. As you will have realized from my many food posts, Singapore food is great. The food stalls, Hainanese Chicken Rice, and of course Sushi! And not to forget: Brunch on Sunday morning, by the Singapore River or neat Orchard Road, ready for shopping later on.



Shopping - it is contagious...

And of course the people - always friendly and good fun.


But probably most of all the city itself.


Goodbye Singapore - 'till we meet again ;-)...




3 comments:

  1. I have loved your Singapore adventure and am sorry to see it come to an end. I look forward to your next adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Regula! It just occurred to me that you should be coming home soon - and since this was posted almost 2 weeks ago, hopefully you are indeed home, safe and sound. What a vicarious pleasure this has been to follow your experiences.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - I'd love to hear from you!